Thursday, August 2, 2007

Have Vegetables. Will Have Sex

I won't beat around the bush, or any plant for that matter. Our vegetarian friends won't like it. So here's what made this entry possible: Vegans begin shunning sex with meat-eaters.

Yes, aside from the word sex, you read the rest of it right. Indeed, that was one bloody news for the carnivores out there. For your sexual urges to be rejected is normal and understandable. But to be shunned because you like your steak well-done, now that's really blubber, er, flabbergasting.

But I don't feel any revulsion. On the contrary, I find this amusing, if not downright hilarious. For one, it's quite funny how some people (hey, they are called vegansexuals!) would take their professed beliefs to the extreme. It's like seeing a vegetarian version of a religious extremist, except that instead of whacking everyone with a cleaver, they use pineapples.

Second, the news strikes a more personal chord, that of my hamburger-powered heart. You see, my voracious appetite is what keeps the meat industry alive. If it is not for us carnivores, the world ecological order, the food chain, pyramid and cycle would have gone bonkers. Name anything with scales, hairs, feathers, claws, and teeth and chances are, I have eaten it. Now let us not get started with animal products or this entry will get, well, cheesy.

I can see where the vegetarians are coming from when they say something about animal love. Let me hasten to add that I do love animals. But my love for them extends beyond the reaches of my heart - from my chest up to my tongue. When a vegetarian sees a cow happily grazing on a field, they see harmony and peace with nature. But when I see the same picture, I see carnage, with bits and every bloody bits of that hooved mammal on my menu.

Just kidding. But that brings me to my third point. Vegansexuals won't dare explore the anatomy of a meat-eaters because for them, they are "graveyard of animals". While advocating against cruelty on animals is admirable, it goes against the grain (pun unintended) of logic to extend their green fury to the hapless meat-eater.

So bottomline is, while these type (subclass?) of vegetarians are commendable for their steadfast advocacy, they display a kind of discrimination. Food after all signifies the freedom to choose. That's why food comes in all kinds of preparations and presentations. A person's diet does not make him or her any less of a person, or in this context, less sexy and sexual. So it's quite absurd to bring whatever it is in your dining table to your bedroom (although you can bring your bedroom activities to the dining room, but that's another story.)

But hey, while they are it, maybe I, the carnivore that I am, can indulge in their prejudices. Come to think of it, where do these vegansexuals get their energy for a night of intense lovemaking? From saluyot? Do they use those kinky leafy underwears? SO they don't they engage in rough, wild, animal sex, do they? And gasp, I can only imagine their "toys"? Last but not the least, aren't they already eating meat when they do sex? *wink wink*

*****

2 comments:

Donya Quixote said...

aw that last paragraph was just ick! hahaha.

i don't think it's bigoted, it's just that it's really hard to have a relationship with someone who doesn't have the same principles as yours. this is also the same with political and religious views - people who are REALLY passionate about these tend to shy away from relationships with people who hold contrasting views.

fyi, i am vegetarian. weaning myself out of fish now.

so. prepare to die. bwahahaha. [yes, kidding.]

pero hindi ako vegansexual NOH. konti ng mga vegetarian guys eh. teeheehee. :P

feelinghero said...

heya! binabasa mo ang blog ko! prepare to lose your logic haha XD

well, i say it's a "bigoted form of discrimination" (is it redundant? lolz my grammar) because they are explicitly biased against and intolerant of those people who are NOT like them. and don't you think it's a little extreme to actually extend your gastronomic preference to a sexual one? what you don't agree on over the dining table doesn't have to extend to the bedroom, as i have said.

o hey, vegan ka pala. well, i wish you the best. i hope you don't have a friend who devours his meat heartily in front of you (just what i sometimes do >:P )